Squid & Octopus: Friends For Always
Dial Books For Young Readers, 2012
The four tales in this charming picture book show funny moments in the life of best friends Squid and Octopus. Yes, they argue sometimes, but they are always able to cheer each other up in glum times.
They are a very lucky duo. As the fortune cookie in the final story says, they will always have a true friend to count on.
• A Bank Street College Best Children’s Books of the Year, 2013
• A New York Book Show Award Winner 2012
• A Summer 2012 Junior Library Guild Selection
• A Summer 2012 Kids’ Indie Next List Pick
• A Society of Illustrators Original Art Show Selection 2012
“A positive, upbeat, and comforting bundle sure to bring smiles.”
–Booklist, starred review
“…delightfully clever and fun.”
–The New York Times
“With a limited palette that looks good enough to eat and two eight-tentacled pals, Tao Nyeu portrays a boundless friendship.”
“…readers may find themselves turning the pages as if carried along by a gentle but unstoppable wave”
“There’s lots of humor, warmth, and affection in these tales…With fluid lines, textured patterns and her trademark style, [Nyeu] tells these endearing tales with an impressive artistry.”